MERCER HOTEL RESTAURANT. MOTEL VEZIA
Mercer Hotel Restaurant
- a building where people go to eat
- A restaurant prepares and serves food, drink and dessert to customers. Meals are generally served and eaten on premises, but many restaurants also offer take-out and food delivery services. Restaurants vary greatly in appearance and offerings, including a wide variety of cuisines and service models.
- A place where people pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served on the premises
- Restaurant is a 1998 independent film starring Adrien Brody, Elise Neal, David Moscow and Simon Baker. Written by Tom Cudworth and directed by Eric Bross, Restaurant was the follow-up to this writing–directing duo's first film, TenBenny, which also starred Adrien Brody.
- a dealer in textiles (especially silks)
- British maker of printed calico cloth who invented mercerizing (1791-1866)
- Mercer was an American automobile manufacturer before World War II.
- A dealer in textile fabrics, esp. silks, velvets, and other fine materials
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
Cygnet, Ohio street and water tower
From "The History of Northwest Ohio":
"Cygnet was surveyed in 1883 and was named Pleasan
t View. On addition was surveyed by Horace S. Walbridge, which was named Cygnet. Reuben Carey was named postmaster of the town. The first house was erected by Reuben Carey. When the village was incorporated, E. A. Guy was elected mayor. The first meeting of the council was held on July 29, 1889"
Rolland A. Hughes became president of the Cygnet Savings Bank in 1898. He was also an influential oil producer and his wife, Helena, was influential in oil and coal mining.
The oil boom seems to have reached it's peak in 1900 when Bloom Township (where Cygnet was located) had 3,723 people shown in the census, in 1910 it was 3037 and in 1920 it was 1,132 with an additional 532 individuals in Cygnet.. Prior to the boom, in 1880, the population was 1, 358.
Businesses seen in 1900 were a hotel
run by Margaret Slocum, Cora Burford was a dressmaker; Dennis Callahan was a bartender; Michele Terrerst? was a grocer; Joseph Martin also ran a hotel as did Janet McDonald; James Genesee? was a dry good merchant; John Tenant was the postmaster; Grace Phillips was a telephone girl (operator); Shawn Homoy? was a broom maker; Charles Stausborro? had a restaurant
; Charles Cavitt was a physician; Henry Stevens was a dentist; George Grant was another grocer; Hugh MCGinn
is was a druggist; Samuel Clouse had a hardware store; George Crouch was the editor of the local paper; David Bowman was a barber; Owen Fahl was a baker; Isadore Miller was a milliner; Arthur Mercer was a physician; John McGrane was a union organizer for oil workers; Thomas Craig was a blacksmith; and many other occupations, making it a very well functioning community. Many oil drillers and oil pumpers as well as day laborers lived in town. A large number of them came from the Pennsylvania oil fields.
Bird's Eye View, 1910 - Plummer, Idaho
Source Type: Postcard
Printer, Publisher, Photographer:
Postmark: November, 1?, 1910, Plummer, Idaho
Collection: Steven R. Shook
REMARK: This is a very early photograph of Plummer, Idaho. The town's post office opened on June 6, 1910, and this post card was postmarked in November 1910. Using a magnifying loupe, several business signs can be identified, including:
"Plummer Trading Company - General Merchandise"
Mercer a& Young, General Store"
Similar posts: hotels in a ohio bed and breakfast inns discount hotels tel aviv breakers hotel resort country hearth inn promo code frederik hotel copenhagen cheap but nice hotels in
- (月) 18:02:24|
- Category: None